Young and growing children must be educated on the importance of consuming nutritious food and pure water. Inculcating these small habits towards self-wellbeing can be very beneficial for their overall growth and development.
Children usually create less fuss on food items, as it is up to their liking most of the time. However, their water consumption is not tracked as often. As we all are aware, water is key to our sustenance. It is essential for the smooth functioning of the human body. Like adults, children also need to be well hydrated throughout the day. Therefore, parents should monitor and ensure that their child’s daily consumption of water is sufficiently met. At the same time, they need to be cautious that the water being consumed by the child is pure and 100% safe.
Here are the 5 benefits of drinking pure water for your kid.
1. Supplies nourishment: As children grow, they become more active and require higher amounts of nutrients to maintain healthy bodies. Water helps to regulate body temperature, increases metabolism, and revitalizes their bodies to carry on with physical activities. While studying or playing, parents should encourage regular water breaks. Depending on the age and level of physical activities, below is the amount of water your kid should be intaking in the form of liquids.
• Boys and girls aged 4-8 years need 1.1 to 1.3 litres per day
• Girls aged 9-13 years need 1.3 to 1.5 litres per day.
• Boys aged 9-13 years need 1.5 to 1.7 litres per day.
In addition to liquids, various fruits and vegetables also contain water. For example – Cucumber, Watermelon, Tomatoes, Oranges, etc contain more than 80% water.
2. Prevents constipation: Constipation in children is a common problem. One of the major reasons for constipation is the lack of enough water in the body. Constipation most commonly occurs when waste or stool moves too slowly through the digestive tract, causing the stool to become hard and dry. It is therefore recommended for children to regularly drink water and eat plenty of fiber-rich food to facilitate normal bowel movement.
3. Keeps them hydrated and energized: Hyper-activeness in children causes rapid exhaustion which results in the loss of water in their body. Especially during various outdoor activities such as running, cycling, or playing, children tend to lose a lot of energy which also causes dehydration. Water energizes tired muscles, making them feel refreshed. Parents and caregivers should make sure children have water bottles handy with them so that they never run out of drinking water while playing.
4. Improves brain functioning: Water is considered the most important nutrient that keeps a mind strong, active, and alert. Children are continuously learning from their surroundings whether it is school or classes or even while playing. This requires them to be alert and cognizant at most times. Drinking pure water increases the attention span among children and research suggests it helps improve their retention capacity.
5. Protects from water-borne diseases: Drinking pure water is not only vital for the physical and mental development of your child, but also protects them from many water-borne-diseases. Kids are more susceptible to these as they have comparatively low immunity than a full-grown adult. Drinking safe and purified water safeguards them against diseases like cholera, Typhoid, lead poisoning, etc.
Hence, parents shall not only ensure their children are consuming water at regular intervals, but also supervise the quality of drinking water. The above stated benefits are only valuable if the water they consume is clean, pure, and free from contaminations. Pureit offers best-in-class range of water purifiers that can protect the health of the entire family by providing 100% safe drinking water.