With a multitude of options available in the market, consumers are often confused when it comes to buying a water purifier for their homes. It is an important decision as it involves ensuring good health and well-being of our families. So how do you go about picking the best water purifier for your home? Let’s take you through 5 simple steps:
- Water Quality-check – Find the source of your tap water and get it tested for hardness, salinity and TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) levels. If the TDS levels are under 500 ppm, the water is consumable; but if level of dissolved solids are beyond 1000 ppm, the water is hazardous and unhealthy. Identifying the source of your tap water is the first step in choosing the best water purifier for your home.
- Municipality water TDS averages around 200ppm
- Ground water TDS ranges between 200 to 500ppm
- Borewell water TDS is usually more than 500ppm
- Purification technology – Depending on the quality and source of water, you can choose from a range of water purifiers. RO (Reverse Osmosis) purification technology works best for water with higher TDS levels of more than 500ppm. RO technology filters heavy metals, particulates, minerals through selective permeable membranes and provides purified water. If TDS is less than 200ppm, you can choose UV (Ultra-Violet) filtration technology which can remove impurities while retaining key minerals. For a TDS level between 200-500ppm, we recommend using a Pureit Mineral RO + UV device, that can add the essential minerals such as Calcium and Magnesium back in the RO purified water. Explore the entire range of Pureit water purifiers.
- Storage capacity – Analyze your family’s daily water consumption to understand the required capacity of your water purifier. In places where there are frequent electricity fluctuations, purifiers with high water storage work well.
- For 2-4 members we recommend a storage capacity of 5-8 litres
- For 4-6 members we recommend a storage capacity of 8-10 litres
- For more than 6 members, a storage capacity of 10 litres is recommended
- Additional safety features – While selecting a water purifier, look for more evolved features and functionality. For instance, filters are an essential part of water purification, but we often overuse them and end up drinking impure water. Hence, it’s crucial to change them as and when they expire. Pureit water purifiers come with Double purity lock that warns you 15 days before the filter expiry and auto-shut off feature cuts off the water supply if filter is not changed despite warning. This guarantees 100% pure water in every glass of water.
- Service & maintenance – Water is purified through various filters that need maintenance at regular intervals. While buying a water purifier you should always consider the promptness of service and overall maintenance cost. While most of the water purifiers have an AMC (Annual Maintenance Cost), Pureit’s maintenance cost directly depends on the consumption/usage of water and not on a fixed yearly cost. Hence, with Pureit water purifiers you can save more on annual cost while enjoying a hassle-free customer service with its huge service network.
A proper research keeping in mind the above 5 steps will help you choose the best water purifier for your home to ensure the health and wellness of your family.
Which water purifier is best for the home?
There are a number of purification technologies available for homes like reverse osmosis or RO, UV or Ultraviolet, Ultrafiltration or UF, or Distillation. But the most effective and reliable water purification technology for Indian homes is reverse osmosis or RO as it not only removes all the impurities but also total dissolved solids, chemicals and heavy metals, which cannot be removed by other technologies.
How to choose a water purifier for the home?
There are a number of things you must check before choosing a water purifier for home in India, like:
Know the source of your water
Check TDS levels of your water
Check for the required storage capacity
Look for important features
Check the maintenance cost and service of the brand
What is the best water purification technology?
RO or reverse osmosis and Ultraviolet technology are the best water purification technologies for Indian households. You can opt for an RO+UV water purifier that most effectively removes bacteria, viruses, germs, heavy metals, chemicals and other impurities to give safe and purifier drinking water.
Which type of water purifier is good for your health?
A water purifier which removes sediments, organic matter, inorganic salts and compounds is recommended as a water purifier to ensure good health of your family. You can choose an RO water purifier or a UV or Ultraviolet water purifier or a an RO+UV water purifier for good health. RO removes the TDS, heavy metals, chemicals while a UV kills protozoa, viruses and bacteria. The water thus becomes completely disinfected from pathogens and microbes which is good for human health.
Which water purifier is best for municipal water?
Municipal Water is usually treated before it reaches your home. Hence, it contains a lesser amount of organic matter and salts along with other unwanted impurities. Hence, you could choose a UV water purifier which is effective in removing microorganisms like bacteria, viruses and other pathogens.