How dissolved solids in drinking water can affect health?
The quality of drinking water is a critical concern, and one significant aspect affecting its safety is the level of dissolved solids. When present in water, these solids can have profound implications for human health. Understanding the value of drinking water for our well-being is crucial in ensuring access to safe and healthy drinking water.
Tds value of drinking water - What Are Dissolved Solids?
Dissolved solids refer to various inorganic salts, metals, minerals, and organic compounds in water. These substances dissolve in water, making it rich in minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, and carbonate ions. While some dissolved solids are harmless or beneficial, high concentrations of certain compounds can pose health risks.
Sources of Dissolved Solids:
Natural Sources: Dissolved solids can originate from natural geological formations, such as minerals seeping into groundwater.
Human Activities: Agricultural runoff, industrial discharges, and improper waste disposal contribute to dissolved solids in water bodies, elevating their levels beyond safe limits.
Tds value of drinking water - Impacts of High Levels of Dissolved Solids
1. Increased Risk of Chronic Illnesses: Elevated levels of dissolved solids, especially salts like sodium, can lead to hypertension, cardiovascular issues, and kidney problems when consumed regularly over time.
2. Impact on Development: In young children, consuming water with high dissolved solids can hinder mineral absorption critical for growth and development.
3. Water Quality and Taste: Elevated dissolved solids can affect the taste and odor of water, making it unappealing and leading to reduced water intake, which is detrimental to overall health.
Methods to Measure and Test TDS in Water
Two principal methods to measure TDS in water are gravimetric analysis and conductivity-based methods.
Gravimetric methods involve evaporating the liquid solvent and measuring the mass of residues left. Although highly accurate, these methods can be time-consuming and require specialized equipment.
On the other hand, conductivity-based methods are appropriate if inorganic salts comprise the majority of TDS. A digital TDS meter can measure TDS in water using the water’s capability to pass electrical flow, which is directly related to the concentration of ions in the water.
Mitigating Risks and Ensuring Safe Drinking Water
1. Water Quality Testing: Regular water testing for dissolved solids and other contaminants is essential to assess its safety for consumption.
2. Use of Water Purification Systems: Employing water purifiers, particularly those equipped with Reverse Osmosis (RO) or UV purification technology, effectively removes dissolved solids and ensures safer drinking water.
4. Maintenance and Awareness: Routine maintenance of water purification systems is crucial to ensure their efficacy. Additionally, spreading awareness about the significance of clean water consumption can promote healthier habits.
Managing TDS value of Drinking Water with an ideal water purifier
Managing Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) is vital for safe drinking water, and RO water purifers' expertise lies in efficiently reducing TDS levels reverse osmosis technique. With the capability to effectively filter out dissolved solids, even up to 2000 ppm, the RO water purifiers employ a semi-permeable membrane to deliver clean and safe drinking water.
Pureit Revito Mineral Water Purifier stands out with its Best-In-Class# Filtration Technology, making it the optimal and affordable choice for every home. This RO + UV+ MF system treats water from various sources like borewell, tanker, and municipal supplies, ensuring the delivery of consistently safe drinking water.
What is advanced about this purifier is that it has undergone rigorous testing for Heavy Metal Removal*, certified by WQA for the reduction of heavy metals like Cadmium and Chromium, thus enhancing its consumption
Capable of purifying up to 8000 liters of water** while saving 70% of water***, the Revito Water Purifier is a sustainable and efficient solution. Its advanced 7-stage purification system provides multi-stage protection, guaranteeing purified water delivery at every stage of the filtration process.
Ensuring the human body receives water with controlled TDS levels, ideal taste, pH balance, and devoid of biological and chemical impurities is crucial. Pureit RO water purifiers lower excessive TDS levels and adhere to USEPA regulations, guaranteeing 100% safe^ water. Routine maintenance of water purification systems is also crucial to ensure their efficacy. Additionally, spreading awareness about the significance of clean water consumption can promote healthier habits.
^ Safety from virus & bacteria as per USEPA guidelines
*** Under Pureit test conditions. Compared to ordinary RO's.
** Under Pureit test conditions. In the segment versus comparable products.
*This RO membrane is tested and Certified by WQA to NSF/ANSI 58 for material safety only. This RO membrane was tested by WQA in a surrogate system for the reduction of Cadmium, Chromium III. WQA cannot confirm that the component will yield the same performance when used in any other, non-tested system. See WQA.org for details.
#The RO membrane used in Pureit Revito Series is tested and certified by WQA to NSF/ANSI 58 for material safety only. This RO membrane was tested by WQA in a surrogate system for the reduction of Cadmium, Chromium III. WQA cannot confirm that the component will yield the same performance when used in any other, non-tested system. See WQA.org for details. In comparison to leading RO devices, in comparison to life of RO membrane
1 of 1
1 of 1