Water Purifiers have become pivotal in every household. With the plethora of purification technologies available in the market, consumers are often confused which one to look for while purchasing a water purifier, with the most common and effective being RO purification. RO or Reverse osmosis is a water purification process that uses a partially permeable membrane to remove ions, unwanted molecules and harmful particles from drinking water.
Below are 5 reasons why you need a RO water purifier:
- Removes disease-causing contaminants: In Urban India, 70% of Households rely on tap water and 27% rely on ground water for their drinking water needs (Based on Census 2011 data – Drinking Water Source by Households). These sources of water can be a common carrier of various disease-causing microbiological contaminants like viruses, bacteria, fungus and parasites. These contaminants make the water unfit for consumption and may lead to several water-borne diseases like cholera, diarrhoea and typhoid. As a result, experts recommend using a RO water purifier that can protect you and your family from these water-borne diseases by removing all the life-threatening contaminants.
- Sweetens the taste of water: The impurities in the water influence its flavour and even the taste of food we cook in it. A RO water purifier is especially recommended when the taste of water is salty, in other words when it has higher concentration of Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) like sodium, calcium, magnesium, potassium, etc. Typically, when the TDS level is higher than 200 ppm, RO purification reduces the excess TDS, softens and sweetens the taste of water, while retaining only pure drinking water.
- Removes Heavy Metals: As per studies conducted across multiple cities to check the water quality of tap water/river water, it’s been indicated that the water is unsafe for drinking purpose as it has higher level of contaminants like Nitrates, Heavy metals, pesticides etc than permitted levels*. These heavy metals can have severe long-term health impacts and can dysfunction kidneys, liver, nervous system and even lead to diseases like cancer and lead poisoning. A RO water purification is the most effective way of removing these heavy metals and chemicals like iron, lead, mercury, arsenic, chlorine, and fluoride. All the physical contaminants, micro-organisms are also filtered by a RO purifier which makes it 100% unadulterated for consumption.
- Effective Water Purification: RO water purification provides added layer of protection compared to just using UF or UV filtration technology as it can remove the minutest of the chemical contaminants which might bypass the other filtration technologies when used alone. Combining RO water purification with UV filtration ensures purest drinking water free of any form of contaminants. Pureit has a wide range of RO+UV water purifiers that are assured to give you 100% purified water. Explore the range here
- Offers various Health Benefits: Drinking RO purified water enhances our overall health and well-being. It improves digestive health, supports kidney function, hydrates and energizes our body, improves skin and hair health along with several other benefits.
In the current scenario where fear of contamination and spread of germs, bacteria and viruses has become a real threat, using a Pureit RO water purifier can keep all your worries at bay.
References:Multiple studies - Kumar et al. (2013), reported Nitrate >45 ppm in Gomati River which is the major source of supply water in Lucknow, Bhardwaj, et al., (2017), reported heavy metal contamination in river Yamuna 2014-15, Sundaray et al 2012 studied quality of ten Indian revers and found out presence of heavy metals six rivers are contaminated with Lead of higher concentrations ranged between 19 – 136ppb, exceeding BIS drinking water norms Similarly five rivers were found to be contaminated with Nickel of concentrations ranging between 24 – 375ppb.